What the Fork?
I miss this setup. I would love to be able to add a nice mini-rack on my Seven Mudxium, attach my Bailey Work D-Rack Bag and have my coffee kit with me on all rounds.
In essence the dream fork will be:
- Disk brakes
- Fender tabs
- Crown hole
- Mid-fork screws for rack mounting
- Room for 45mm tires, possibly
With the recent announcements of the Specialized Sequoia I was reminded that there isn’t really a reason not to have rack bosses on carbon forks. So I started looking for options in the market. So, what do we have on the table?
- Seven Max 45 Tapered Disc Fork – this fork has room for loads of rubber and fender tabs. Sadly, I can’t figure out how to add a rack to this.
- Whisky Parts No. 9 Carbon Thru Axle Cross Fork – This one has loads of room, fits the bill pretty well but does not have any way that I could find to add a rack.
- Rodeo Labs Spork – This looks like the absolute winner. It has everything on my list. The price point is much lower than the rest ($380) and it looks super sexy. This may end up on the Mudxium very soon. Stay tuned.